What information does AMERNET collect?
- Personal Information.
- AMERNET may collect personally identifiable information from you such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, credit card number (in the case of direct customers) and, if applicable, company names, addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, credit card numbers or tax ID numbers as well as similar information concerning technical contacts, marketing contacts, and executive contacts within your company or organization (collectively, “Personal Information”).
- Non-Personal Information.
- AMERNET may collect non-personally identifiable information from you such as the type of browser you use, your operating system, the screen resolution of your browser, your ISP, your IP address, which pages you view on the Site and the time and duration of your visits to the Site (collectively, “Non-Personal Information”). AMERNET associates Non-Personal Information with Personal Information if you register with the Site.
- User Communications.
- If you communicate with us, we may collect information relating to that communication whether it takes the form of email, fax, letter, forum posting, testimonials or any other form of communication between you and AMERNET or Submitted by you to the Site (collectively, “User Communications”).
- Server Information.
- If you use one of our software products such as AMERNET, we may collect certain information concerning such software and concerning the server upon which the software operates. This information includes: (a) the licensed or unlicensed status of the software; (b) the source from which the license for the software was obtained (i.e., AMERNET or a AMERNET affiliate); or (c) information about the server upon which the software is installed including (i) the public IP address, (ii) the operating system and (iii) the use of any virtualization technologies on such server ((a) through (c) collectively, “Server Information”). Additionally, “Server Information” may also include (x) information collected by AMERNET from time to time concerning which features of the software are most often used in order to improve and make adjustments to the software; and (y) information collected from you by AMERNET in the event that you request technical support services including without limitation, IP addresses, usernames and passwords necessary to login to SSH, the root directory of the server upon which you installed the AMERNET software and any affected accounts including email accounts, MySQL accounts and other accounts.
How does AMERNET use and store the information it collects?
As a general matter, AMERNET may use the information you disclose to us to improve and provide the Site, the Services and our other products and services, and for the specific purpose that you gave us the information. More specific details on how we use your information follow below.
We may use Personal Information to create and authenticate your account, to process transactions you request such as software license purchases, to provide you with the newsletters and mailing lists that you sign up for, to provide you with customer and technical support and to communicate with you about your account and our products and services. We may also use Personal Information to offer, market or advertise to you AMERNET products and services. While such AMERNET products and services may reference, incorporate or include third-party products and services, AMERNET will not use your Personal Information to independently offer, market or advertise third-party products and services unless we first obtain your consent to do so. You may update your Personal Information with us, but we may maintain records of Personal Information you disclose to us indefinitely.
We may use User Communications in the same ways we use Personal Information. If you communicate with us for a particular purpose, we may use your User Communications for that purpose. For example, if you contact us for technical support, we may use your communications to provide technical support to you. We may maintain records of User Communications you transmit to us indefinitely.
AMERNET may use Non-Personal Information to maintain, evaluate, improve and provide our Site, the Services and any other AMERNET products and services. We may retain Non-Personal Information indefinitely.
We may use Server Information to provide you with technical support services and to maintain, evaluate, improve and provide AMERNET products and services. We may also use such information to investigate unlicensed (and therefore unauthorized) uses of our software. AMERNET may maintain Server Information indefinitely.
How does AMERNET disclose the information it collects?
AMERNET cannot be responsible for protecting your information if you share such information in publicly available sections of the Site such as the user forums or testimonials section. You should use your own judgment in disclosing this information on the Site.
We may share your information with third parties as permitted or required by Applicable Law, by a court order or by another judicial or governmental request. We may also disclose your information if we determine that such disclosure us necessary to protect AMERNET’s rights and remedies or is necessary for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance. Such disclosures could take place in the context of an investigation or to prevent or take action against illegal activity, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of AMERNET’s Terms of Service, applicable EULAs or other AMERNET agreements, or as otherwise required by Applicable Law.
AMERNET may disclose your information to affiliated third parties that assist us in providing maintaining, evaluating, improving and providing the Site, the Services and any other AMERNET products and services. AMERNET may disclose your information to affiliated third parties for the purposes of offering, marketing or advertising AMERNET products and services to you (such AMERNET products and services may reference, incorporate or include third-party products and services). In such an event, AMERNET will take reasonable measures to prevent such affiliated third parties from using your information for other purposes.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by AMERNET. They may be associated with your Personal Information by AMERNET, but they do not contain your Personal Information. AMERNET does not use web beacons.
How does AMERNET protect Personal Information and other information about you?